Friday, June 5, 2009

Graham's List

1) Book the car in for its MOT.

2) Cut the front lawn before it takes over the world.

3) Is that guttering blocked above the bay window again? Because last time it happened we had to plaster where all the rain got in and we mustn't ignore it again.

4) There's been far too many things ignored in our house over the years.
  • The guttering.
  • The state of the garden.
  • Us.
5) Are we going to have a holiday this year or not? And if so, where?
  • I don't want to go and stay in that Villa in Tuscany again. I don't like Tuscany, it's far too hot, and Alice never leaves me alone.
  • Did Helen notice what Alice was up to?
  • Did Helen care?
6) Things that Helen hasn't noticed:
  • The guttering's leaking again.
  • The state of the garden.
  • The way Alice behaves with me, when she's meant to be Helen's best friend.
  • The way I watch Helen whenever she leaves the room. As if she might never come back.

Rod Holland

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like this. Clever.

LG

J. said...

I like that, it made me smile.

Barb said...

What a wonderful piece and probably what is going on in the heads of a lot of men. You've inspired me... I'm off to write something. Thank you.

HelenMWalters said...

Very good piece. Just popping by via the pitch party and will add Greyling Bay to my follow list so I don't miss further instalments.

catdownunder said...

Miaou - I do prowl in here occasionally but usually silently...popping my paws up because of the Pitch Party...it's been fun.

Anonymous said...

A lovely piece and a fantastic blog - I'll be back :-)

cheers, Pip (hic - too much wine at that pitch party)

Sally Zigmond said...

Sorry. I've only just read this. (Put it down to brain malfunction due to broken hip!)

Good stuff indeed, Rod. It's not how I see Graham but then again, I'm not at all bothered if someone else is inspired to pick him up and run with him.

Mind you, come to think of it leaking gutters, an old car and holidays in Tuscany are spot on!